Friday, February 19, 2010

Bread baking update

It's been a while since I've talked about my bread making adventures. It's been a year and a half since I began and while I have taken a break here and there, I really enjoy it and my bread has improved greatly- much lighter and fluffier than my first attempts. I have been using hard white wheat, but will be making the switch to hard red soon. I find it much better tasting even though most things that I have read say that hard white is milder tasting.

Other than just plain loaf bread, I've started making cinnamon raisin bread and apple cinnamon bread. I love toasting this for breakfast- yummy! and I recently came across a few other nourishing breakfast ideas that I've really enjoyed. I notice such a difference in my eating habits when I start the day with a good breakfast so I'd love other suggestions. 

post signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails