Sunday, February 21, 2010

Thank goodness cleanliness ≠ godliness

Let me set the stage:

Four children ages 6 and under
plus
Homeschooling
plus
Life
plus
a wife that struggles with order of any kind
DOES NOT EQUAL
a squeaky clean house.

Am I okay with this? Yes. Probably more than I should be. Still, something nags me when I don't have the house in better shape when Simon comes home from work. 

You see, he is the neat one around here and I often feel that I let him down if I perform anything less than June Cleaver. Of course, he has never asked this of me but he works hard for our family and for me to stay at home so I really want him to come home to a place he feels relaxed in, not overwhelmed in.

So, this weekend I came across this great little quiz for us both and I was surprised that his expectations weren't nearly what I had worked up in my head. So now, I know what things I can focus on that speak his love language and let him know that I appreciate what he does for me.

Take a few minutes to do this with your spouse. I'd love to hear about it!


post signature

1 comment:

Ali said...

I cannot wait to see how Mike and I compare! Thanks for this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails