Friday, August 21, 2009

Wakey,Wakey Rise and Shine

Well, it's not even 5am and here I am awake. I have been for an hour. This has been happening more times than not lately and being one who loves sleep, this is not typical for me. The good news is that I'm not awake worrying or bothered by something. It's more like God flips a switch in my brain and whispers, "Hey, the house is quiet. Seriously, no distractions. C'mon let's sneak away and meet."

I just had to blog about it because I am beginning to understand how precious this time is and how rarely I get a moment when nothing distracts me from seeking the Lord. So I gladly take Him up on it.

Since I couldn't focus on His word quite yet, I sat here asking the Lord to bring to mind those to pray for. It's interesting who and what comes to mind. It's refreshing to pray like that instead of off a list, but so often do not pray this way since of course, I'm typically distracted and a list is about the only thing that cues me.

I then spent some time in the book of Hebrews which I've been studying. It is definitely not a quick read and so much is deeper than my way of thinking, but I'm so thankful that the house is quiet enough for me to even begin to unpack those thoughts.

Well, I just heard Simon stirring and am getting sleepy again. Wonder if I can catch a few more zzzz's before the day officially begins?

1 comment:

Kelli said...

be on the look out girl..yes God wakes us up...but what do you want to bet that you'll go into labor at that point of the day...it was with Elijah....interesting huh???

Related Posts with Thumbnails