Friday, July 3, 2009

Memory Cross

I was introduced to Memory Crosses when we visited a church on Christmas Eve. Normally, I'm not one for gimmicky things, so when the kids showed me I thought, "One more thing that will end up on the floor of the van." I'm so glad I couldn't have been more wrong! They couldn't put them down and I still don't understand how in the world they fold them to work the way they do!

So, for Easter, I bought the color-your-own kind and during Holy Week we colored a picture for every day leading up to Easter Sunday. It was a great craft, but one that meant something as well. After Easter, I packed them up and will pull them out every year as a keepsake.

Now they have created Memory Crosses for different VBS themes this summer which I think is a great idea. I've added a link to the right. They've created a You Tube video better explaining what they look like. Think about passing this idea onto your Children's Director at church. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails