Saturday, October 18, 2008

Good Grief

Good grief. Who would've thought it was more than an expression?

I just wanted to thank each and everyone of you who reached out to me during this past two weeks. I cannot tell you how comforted and even encouraged I have been and this time has allowed me to have some "Good Grief".

To give you an update, the miscarriage did happen on it's own on Wednesday night, ten days after we found out that the baby did not have a heartbeat. Mom & Dad took the kids and Simon stayed home with me on Thursday. It was definitely not pleasant. Very bad cramps and the need to stay as close to the bathroom as possible was mandatory. Friday, I stayed close to home as well, just feeling tired and today we all went out this morning and I took a great nap today.

We had some wonderful meals delivered to us this week and a beautiful peace lily to boot. So many of my friends and family have reached out and shared their experiences of loss as well.

For some of you who have comforted me in person I want to thank you for simply giving me "the look". At first, I did not really recognize "the look". After telling quite a few people about the miscarriage I started to notice something in everyone's eyes after I told them. Either people had it, or they didn't. Now I know why. I've realized that people with "the look" are those that have experienced loss and grief on a personal level and can in an instant seem to connect with me even when they say very little. I can see it on their faces immediately. It's a look full of compassion and sadness and something about "the look" makes me feel wrapped in a God-sized hug.

Thank you so, so very much...

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Hayden just made a comment to me that said it all-I love you as big as God is.

Related Posts with Thumbnails