Monday, April 25, 2011

The Bell School

Out of 122 photos I took today, I'm not sure which ones to share!

We made our way back in time to 1912 where Jackson and Haviland spent their day doing schoolwork and chores like they would have had they lived 100 years ago.

I'm not sure who loved it more - me or them!!!

Of course, the dress and bonnet were sewn by my mom!

School marm Mrs. Holt about to welcome us for the day

The front of the classroom

Our lunches (sausage biscuits & apples) and tin cups for water

Spelling on slate boards with slate pencils

Ciphering (Math) on slate board

Practicing cursive with quill pen

They loved dipping the tip of the feather into the inkwell!

Mr. Holt ladling water for hand washing with lye soap before lunch

I've never seen two girls so excited to eat their lunch!


Group shot of our class

Spelling Bee - words were out of the Blueback Speller - quite challenging!
post signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails