Friday, December 31, 2010

This Coming Year



Father, for this coming year
These things I would pray
Since You know what lies ahead
Lord, please guide our way.

Thank you for this untouched year
Chance for brand new starts
When Your blessings we ignore
Give us grateful hearts.

If this year should test our faith
Give us strength anew
When our goals become earthbound
Turn our eyes to You.

Father for this coming year
Grant this prayer of mine
Day by day may my words be,
"Not my will, but Thine."

I think this poem says it all for me.

I'm typing it from memory and for the life of me cannot find the source. My sixth grade teacher gave me a book with this poem in it and I memorized it those many years ago, but no longer have the book. I now love thinking about it when I reflect on the past year and look forward to a  new one. 

If you know where this poem comes from or can find who wrote it, let me know. I will gladly give credit where credit is due.

A very Happy New Year to all!!



post signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails