I don't have one of "those days" very often but today is one of them.
Here is a very abbreviated version:
1. Having pain in my abdomen near my right ovary, called to make doctor's appointment.
2. Doctor's office is closed until Monday due to the holiday.
3. Decide it's worth it to go to the ER to be checked out and get in the van to realize our GPS had been stolen.
4. Arrive at hospital at 9am. Admitted & blood and urine taken.
5. Had pelvic exam and sonogram - inconclusive results.
6. Taken to radiology for a CT scan. No sooner had the machine started, it stopped and the technician notified me that my records indicated a positive pregnancy test, so no CT scan.
7. Wheeled back to my room (in shock) to a doctor that said there was nothing more they could test for since there was no other info and to come back if the pain worsened (hinted at appendicitis), otherwise make an appointment to see OB due to positive pregnancy test.
8. Before being discharged, the doctor comes back in the room and announces that my blood and urine had been retested and that I was definitely not pregnant.
9. Another order was made for a CT scan.
10. CT scan taken and now awaiting results....it's now almost 6pm.
So, what are you doing this New Year's Eve?
2 years ago