Saturday, October 17, 2009

Same-old, same-old here

This is one stubborn boy!

Last night after sitting on the birthing ball I did feel Whitaker move down a little further and put more pressure on my cervix. I was hopeful that contractions would start, but they didn't, so I enjoyed a good night's sleep.

This morning my midwife stripped my membranes and put primrose oil on my cervix to soften it and we also tried a few rounds of herbs to stir things up a bit, but alas, none of it made a bit of difference. Is it obvious to everyone but me that he's just not ready??? :)

My midwife will stay one more night but then go back to Atlanta tomorrow if Whitaker doesn't make his arrival by then. I cannot believe she's hung around since Thursday! I don't think I'm as dedicated to anything as much as she is to her calling.

It was a cold, rainy day weatherwise so I did some napping, vacuuming, and baking. I made these to-die-for Pumpkin Pie Bites. They were very easy and I guarantee they'll all be gone by tomorrow!


2 refrigerated ready-to roll pie crusts

8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature

1/2 cup sugar

1 cup canned pumpkin

3 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter

Optional 1/2 cup chocolate morsels


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use cookie cutter to cut 12 pumpkin shapes from each pie crust. You will need to roll the dough thinner than it comes out of the box. Press dough shapes into a 24 cup mini muffin tray. (Make 12 at a time, alternating cups to make sure pie crusts don’t overlap each other.) Apply egg whites from one egg to the top edges of each pie. Mix cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin pie filling, remaining 2 eggs, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice together until thoroughly combined. Spoon filling into each pumpkin-shaped pie crust.


Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove pies to cool and repeat with second pie crust. Place the muffin tray in the freezer to cool it quickly for re-use.


Makes 24 pies. Keep refrigerated.


To decorate, melt chocolate in a heat-proof bowl in the microwave on medium. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted. Add a little vegetable oil to make the chocolate more fluid. Transfer to a re-sealable plastic bag and cut the corner off. Drizzle or draw faces on pies.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh they look so yummy! Can't believe you felt up to making them! You're my hero:)

Kelli said...

my guess...is that Whitaker wants to wait until your midwife leaves! The moment she heads back is when you'll go into labor! And I can't wait to try those yummy looking treats! Need to get a mini muffin tin though!! :)

Kasia said...

I know this won't make you feel any better, but my friend is on her fourth, due in December (all homebirths, except the first, maybe) and EACH ONE has been THREE weeks "late"!!! Hang in there!!!

gifton said...

Wow those look sooo yummy! Can't wait to see that baby!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails