Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Celebrity Sighting

Before I go and read A Cup of Cold Water's post on this and copy everything she says, I wanted to add these photos from the Homeschool Conference last month in Atlanta.

Does anyone recognize these celebrities? If you don't, you should! I don't see it getting much better than this!

To the left is none other than Junior, the coolest and wisest money-saving 8 year old boy in the world! He of course, is Dave Ramsey's sidekick that teaches children the world over how to be financially wise.

I look forward to doling out our children's SPEND, SAVE & GIVE envelopes when they get a little older. It will be great accountability for me since I have a tendency to fall back on my bad habits even though Financial Peace University has been one of the best things that Simon and I have ever done for our marriage.
To the right is the ever-so-appropriately named author and homeschool pioneer, Jessie Wise. (Can you imagine having to live up to that last name??)
She spoke at numerous workshops- my favorite being, If I Had to Do It Over Again. She was such a wealth of heartfelt advice. Ali and I just could not get enough of her and wondered, "Should we or shouldn't we ask her for a photo op?" We were like two giggling school girls and thankfully Ali had her camera.
Let me tell you paparazzi- you're following the wrong people that's for sure!!!!
Here are a few picks that her and her daughter (Susan Wise Bauer) have authored:




4 comments:

Ali said...

I'm giggling just remembering how fun that was! She was so precious. I wish I would have had a book (or paid full price so I would have one!) so that she could sign it. What would she have said? I'm sure it would have been rich!!! I'm so thankful that we got to go together...next year...is it at a sandy location?

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so jealous that I didn't get in on the wealth of wisdom and information at that conference! Next year maybe we can caravan! :) I'm looking at this year like a scary science experiment. Kindergarten is not required by the state, so if I totally blow it, my dear little child won't be ruined for life...BUT, I know this is what God told me to do, so I have to stand on His promise that His grace is sufficient and He never puts more on us than we can handle with Him! I look forward to meeting you some day through Ash. Have a great weekend and HAPPY FRIDAY!
~audrey

Anonymous said...

P.S. I LOVE your purse!

~audrey

Sara said...

look at you with your giraffe bag! I had no idea you were so trendy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails