Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Vacation

So many thoughts go through your mind as you plan and go on a family vacation. The first thought for me is always "HOORAY!"

I envision relaxation, time together as a family, and a break for the normal routine of the day.

As a mother of young children, I am at a stage of recognizing that this notion of a "vacation" is about as real as Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Fun to think about, but clearly not a reality.

There is at least a week of planning and packing before you even get in the car, followed by the car ride itself (with passengers who are at times extremely demanding), and then of course the "vacation" itself.

There are still the every day mom tasks to accomplish no matter where you are - meal times, diapers, disciplining, etc. and while we did enjoy time with the kids, I think I had less alone time with Simon on this vacation than do on a normal week.

It took us about 2 days to settle into our new surroundings and before you know it we were packing it all back up to come home again.

However, I don't really want to forget this stage in my life.

One day it will all be too quiet and I can read as many books as I want by the lapping waves with my toes in the sand.


  


post signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails