Wednesday, May 28, 2008

JHB

Here we go... I've secretly wanted to blog for a while now, but my lack of any natural ability to write has kept me away. Not any more. I've decided it's not about what I have to say, but what God is showing me and has placed on my heart to share.

Today I wanted to share the reason for my blog name - Just His Best. It all started when I was encouraged to think of a name for my homeschooling gang. Not that you have to have a name, but it was important to me. All the names I could think of for my "academy" were taken or just sounded cheesy. And then I thought, "What do I want our life to look like?", "What is my goal in parenting, being a wife, and as a believer?" After looking at my three children's names (beginning with the letters 'J','H',and 'B') it came to me- J H B. Just His Best.

It's taken me a while to find a verse that encompasses and explains exactly what that means to me, but today I found it! It's Philippians 1:9-11.

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God. (italics mine)

That's it. I just want His best. Not my half-hearted attempts, just His mercy. Not my knowledge, just His wisdom. Not my busy schedule, just His perfect plan.

There, it's out there. It won't always be pretty or neat, but I pray it will be real. Willing to come on the journey with me?

1 comment:

Sara said...

JHB - I love it! I kinda did that with my initials for my screen name (S B U - simply be u). Anyway, very clever. Kudos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails